Not all brands will be able to make a name for themselves on one of the largest referral sites out there, but if you think your brand has got what it takes, Pinterest can be a great marketing tool. Follow these useful tips, and your brand is sure to generate some buzz.
- Create unique images. Make sure to showcase your products, by displaying high quality images. Pinterest allows you to show large images, so take advantage! Don’t limit your pins to straight products shots, showcase full catalog spreads, and make your brand come alive!
- Include Prices. Pinterest allows you to display prices, by including a price banner when you type a dollar amount in the description.
- Use Hashtags. Like twitter, Pinterest supports the use of hashtags in the descriptions of pins. Using hashtags will not only get picked up through Pinterest searches, but will carry over if shared via twitter.
- Add the “Pin It” Button. Add the “Pin It” button to each product on your website, to facilitate sharing.
- Themed Boards. Pinterest thrives on interest or theme related boards, so in lieu of creating promotional look books of your products, create themed boards. For example, a furniture brand could create boards entitled “Couches,” “Kitchens, ”Bedding,” etc. Get it?
- Pin Regularly. Make sure you are constantly pinning items from your website. Regular content will keep your brand fresh in your followers feeds, so keep on pinning!
For more, contact Kroma Marketing.